ABCON, International Executive Search company, is looking to recruit in Italy a “Project Development Director” for a Spanish company specialised in Large-Scale PV Plants developments.
The successful candidate will join the company’s local office in Rome.
The candidate will report directly to the “Country Head Italy” and the main duties will be:
- Being responsible for the technical, environmental and decision-making management related to the company’s projects (in process and new opportunities) in accordance with the mission and objectives of the organization.
- Coordinate a multidisciplinary team (Engineers, Environmentalists, Agronomists, Legal, Financial…) to achieve an adequate work environment and achieve the “ready to build” status of the company’s projects (Opportunity;Permitting; Construction support).
- Coordinate, supervise, plan, detect project risks (photovoltaic, wind, renewable gases and storage) and manage and/or mitigate them, always attending to the client’s interests; construction company and/or company.
- Establish the technical and environmental criteria of the company’s projects, in coordination with the company’s headquarters.
- Develop the particularized strategy for each of the company’s projects to achieve the “success” of the Project.
- Control of project development time.
- Give transfer of projects in RtB phase to the Construction team.
- Provide support during the construction of projects.
- Analysis of new projects and opportunities.
- Order, carry out and analyze DD (legal and technical).
- Evaluation of the signed agreements and commitments that are acquired on behalf of the project, with other promoters, third parties or clients during the development phase.
- Establish and maintain relations with the administration at all levels for the correct progress and promotion of the projects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business partners, customers, landowners, suppliers and other relevant players in the industry or field in which the organization operates.
- Ensure the economic and technical profitability of the projects.
- Report to the client on the progress and risks of their projects.
- Contractual management of the company’s portfolios and supervision of the correct fulfillment of the commitments acquired with clients and third parties, including tasks such as reporting, preparation of reports and coordination with clients for the correct progress of the projects.
- Establish protocols and management models in your department and in the company, in order to guarantee the flow of information and its proper functioning.
- Cost control and analysis of the department, portfolios and projects.
- Represent the company before the administration, the media and other interested parties.
- Support the closing of operations related to the projects (purchase-sale; Due Diligence; search for financing…).
- Form a team dedicated to the origination of “In-house” projects and new technologies.
- Direct report to Management, preparation of technical-economic analysis for high-level decision-making.
- Identify and solve problems and propose solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the company.
- Identify growth and expansion opportunities and develop joint plans with other company departments to grow the Company.
- Inter-departmental coordination in the allocation of resources within the company (bi-directional).
- Energy, Environmental, Industrial or similar Engineering or with knowledge in Renewable Energy.
- From 3 to 5 years in a similar position.
- Fluent in English (B2). Native italian. Knowledge of spanish will be valuable.
The chance to join a well-established company in the process of international expansion.
The opportunity for a career plan and professional development.
If you have this experience and are interested in the position, please send your resume to: email@example.com , with position applied (“PROJECT DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR – ROME”).